Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Smiling Peanut in a Parking Lot


I own two books about Georgia oddities, and both have a picture of this smiling peanut on the cover. "What a great place to plant," I thought. Off to Plains I went on July 18, 2007, armed with two boxes to plant.

When I found the smiling peanut, I was surprised to find it in the parking lot of a jiffy store. It was surrounded by tiny little bushes - unacceptable.

After looking for hiding spots all day to no avail, I headed home with my boxes in tow. What a bummer!

I returned to Plains on September 3, 2007 with a great deal of hope. After driving around Plains for a second day, the little bushes around the smiling peanut seemed much more appealing.

I planted the worst of my two boxes here, with the expectation that it would go missing soon. As a matter of fact, I really didn't expect this box to see a finder at all. I mainly wanted to plant here to show people this "unique" peanut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.